The myths surrounding masturbation are endless. A popular one? That masturbation affects the kidneys and back negatively. The world of sexual health is complicated for women as it is. Moreover, another myth that’s doing the rounds is that female masturbation causes hair loss.
Hair, for most women, is an indispensable part of their identity and personality. To say that you can either have sexual pleasure or a great set of lustrous locks is synonymous with creating unnecessary chaos. Don’t fall prey to this advice.
Does masturbation cause hair fall? How does masturbation affect hair among women? Can masturbation cause hair loss? What exactly are the masturbation effects on hair? Read on to discover all the answers!
Also read: Does female masturbation affect virginity?
Does Masturbation Cause Hairfall?
NO, the theory that female masturbation causes hair loss is false. There is no hair fall due to masturbation. Ask yourself a question. When you indulge in sexual intercourse, does it worsen or better the quality of your hair? No. The mechanics of masturbation are exactly like sex. The only difference is that it is an act of self-sex.
There is no scientific evidence to prove that female masturbation causes hair loss.
Can Masturbation Affect Hair In Any Way?
Let’s demystify this query once and for all.
There is no scientific evidence to prove that female masturbation causes hair loss. If you then ask about the masturbation effects on hair- there aren’t any.
What Actually Causes Hair Loss Among Women
If it is not masturbation, then what causes hair loss among women? Let’s look at a few reasons for female baldness.
According to research, less that 45% of women go through life with a full head of hair. Why is this? Female pattern baldness is one of the most common reasons for hair loss among women.
It may seem unfair, but sometimes hair loss is just hereditary.
There are several reasons for high DHT or dihydrotestosterone levels among women but the most common is PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. This condition causes an imbalance in hormones among women, reducing estrogen and progesterone levels and increasing testosterone. DHT is a byproduct of testosterone that can cause hair loss.
Anxiety and mental health issues are one of the largest culprits contributing towards hair loss. Stress releases the cortisol hormones in the female body which is responsible for hair loss.
Busting Female Masturbation Myths
Does masturbation increase DHT and affect hair by causing hair fall?
It is completely true that DHT is responsible for hair loss among women. However, masturbation does not lead to hair loss because masturbation does not increase testosterone levels among women that could potentially convert to DHT.
Does masturbation affect hair with dandruff?
Another popular myth? That masturbation leads to excessive dandruff which alters the pH level of the scalp. Moreover, accumulated dandruff causes hair loss over time. Let’s clarify that the only cause of dandruff is an oily scalp. It is true that an oily scalp will lead to dandruff resulting in hair loss. However, masturbation is not linked to this process.
Effects Of Masturbation
Contrary to popular opinion, female masturbation does more good than harm. It has various health benefits. However, not learning how to control masturbation may lead to side effects of masturbation. Let’s take a look at both sides of the coin.
Benefits of Masturbation
- Dear women, remember that self-service is the best service. Studies have found that about 50-60% of women experience a UTI at some point in their lives. Masturbation makes sure there is no risk of an unwanted pregnancy, STDs, STIs, or Urinary Tract Infections so commonly observed among women.
- Female masturbation releases happy hormones like dopamine and endorphins throughout the body that alleviate stress levels. Reduced stress leads to a health immune system and enhanced overall health.
- Masturbating in moderation has no side-effects whatsoever.
- When women reach the arousal stage, blood rushes to their genitals which may help in relieving period cramps!
- Orgasms allow women to take control of their bodies which is a feeling of great empowerment.
Ill effects of female masturbation
Any kind of masturbation side effects only occur when performed excessively or incorrectly. As long as you are masturbating within limits- you should keep enjoying this pleasurable activity.
- Vigorous masturbation without cutting your nails can cause vaginal tears and redness and inflammation around your clitoral skin.
- Masturbating with unclean hands and inserting your fingers into your vagina is likely to cause a vaginal infection.
- Learning how to control masturbation is paramount. If not followed, women could struggle with a masturbation addiction that could result in watching pornography excessively and an imbalance in personal relationships.
The Bottom Line
The advantages of masturbation clearly outweigh its risks. Women also possess DHT or dihydrotestosterone. However, its effect on their bodies is not well known. It may lead to pubic hair growth and determine when girls are hit by puberty but it has no link to masturbation practices whatsoever.
Also read: What is water masturbation?
Does masturbation cause hair fall among women?
No- female masturbation and hair loss are not linked. There is no scientific evidence to prove these claims.
Does Masturbation affect Hair?
No, masturbation does not affect hair. On the contrary, masturbation helps reduce stress which in turn can help reduce hair loss among females.
Quan Q Dinh, Rodney Sinclair (2007) Female pattern hair loss: Current treatment concepts (Clinical Interventions In Aging) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2684510/
Ahmed Al-Badr1, Ghadeer Al-Shaikh (2013) Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections Management in Women (Sultan Qaboos University Medical Journal) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3749018/