Hair fall is normal. Losing 50-100 strands of hair daily is normal. This is a part of the hair cycle, where some hair strands enter a resting phase (telogen) and slowly fall out.
Here, your existing hair strands, called club hair, go into a resting period and are cut off from all nutrition and blood flow from the scalp. They eventually fall out and new healthy hair starts growing.
Also Read: Haritaki Benefits
But what happens when you lose more than 100 strands a day? And you don't see any sign of hair growth?
Excess hair fall is really alarming and stressful. The worst part about this is that we stress about hair loss and more of our hair falls out.
Here are the quickest and most effective DIY ways that you can solve for excess hair fall.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Hair Fall
Here are 10 natural ayurvedic remedies to reduce hair fall so that hair is the last thing we stress about.
Shatavari for Hair growth
What is Shatavari?
Shatavari is a member of the asparagus family. Shatavari is also an adaptogenic herb and has several chemical compounds that make it an ideal herb that yields multifold benefits.
Shatavari Benefits for hair
Shatavari helps in hair growth in the following ways-
- Shatavari is anti-inflammatory and thus helps soothe the scalp. This way no inflammation due to skin irritation occurs and this helps promote hair growth.
- Shatavari is an Adaptogenic herb thus it helps your body cope with physical and emotional stress. Stress is a major cause of hair loss. In the absence of stress, hair growth is promoted.
- Shatavari to strengthen hair– Shatavari strengthens the roots of hair and helps maintain color and luster.
How to Use Shatavari?
Take a cup of milk with 1 tablespoon Shatavari powder. Or take 1/2 teaspoon of Shatavari as a supplement with warm water to derive its rejuvenating, anti-aging and strengthening health benefits.
Also read: Benefits of Jowar in Weight Loss
Guduchi (Giloy) for Hair
What is Guduchi for Giloy?
Guduchi (Giloy) is known as the panacea herb in the ayurvedic system due to its protective and healing properties.
How does Guduchi( Giloy) help in hair regrowth?
- It has antioxidant properties that help cure a range of hair problems thereby promoting hair growth.
- Anti-Inflammatory properties of Guduchi allow it to combat hair problems,dandruff, and other scalp and hair ailments. It improves the health of the hair.
- Giloy helps to control hair loss and dandruff because of its pungent and astringent nature.
How to use Guduchi for Hair ?
- Make a fine paste of Guduchi ( Giloy )leaves.
- Add honey or rose water to it.
- Apply it on the scalp and leave it for at least 2-3 hours.
- Wash it with any herbal shampoo.
Ayurvedic herbs have proved wonders for many of us. Place your trust in these ayurvedic herbs to treat your hair fall and see the change for yourself!
Bhringraj for hair growth
Bhringraj for your hair loss is the best ayurvedic medicine to solve excess hair loss – more than 100 strands per day.
What is Bhringraj?
Bhringraj is an Indian ayurvedic herb that can be doubled into an ayurvedic herbal hair oil. It is a plant from the sunflower family and the herbal oil for hair loss is extracted from this plant. Bhringraj, a popular ayurvedic herb that is best used as a hair oil to combat hair loss. This is available in the form of Bhringraj oil, Bhringraj Powder, Bhringraj Churna
Bhringraj oil benefits
- Bhringraj oil is a known grey hair ayurvedic treatment.
- Bhringraj oil is the best ayurvedic medicine to treat a dry and itchy scalp.
- Bhringraj is great for hair loss. A traditional bhringraj tel champi improves blood circulation and nutrients to your scalp making your hair thicker and avoiding hair loss.
- Bhringraj is a natural remedy for hair regrowth due to its soothing properties of improved blood flow and nutrients to the scalp.
Also read: PCOS Treatment With Ayurveda
How does Bhringraj stop hair loss and regrow hair naturally?
Bhringraj is a natural remedy to promote hair growth and reduce hair loss.It is used for treating a variety of hair woes. This ayurvedic herb is best known to soften and strengthen hair.It activates dormant hair follicles and has the ability to regrow lost hair.Thus, bhringraj oil’s natural ability for hair regrowth is so powerful that it can control and delay the stages of male pattern baldness. This herb comes in the form of a type of oil and is one of the best herbal oils for hair growth.
How to use bhringraj oil to naturally regrow your hair?
You can make Bhringraj oil at home by combining bhringraj leaves with coconut oil. Though this is the best natural remedy for hair loss, the process can be arduous – right from finding bhringraj leaves to making the oil.In fact, bhringraj works very well with Brahmi oil. Though both are ayurvedic hair care treatments, they have different properties.Bhringraj is very different from Brahmi Oil. Bhringraj is best known for hair loss and Brahmi oil nourishes and moisturizes your hair to prevent it from snapping away easily.
How to use Bhringraj Powder?
Other than Bhringraj Oil, you can also reap the benefits of Bhringraj leaves by means of the Bhringraj Powder or Churna.Make a mask out of the same powder mixed in water and let it sit on your hair before washing it off completely.
Brahmi for hair growth
Brahmi oil has been crowned one of the best ayurvedic medicine for hair growth and thickness. We will explain why.
What is Brahmi Oil?
Brahmi oil is a natural remedy for hair growth and a traditional Indian ayurvedic medicine. Brahmi Oil is derived from Brahmi Leaves.
Brahmi Leaves have several benefits:
- Brahmi leaves help provide strength and nourishment through the scalp.
- Brahmi Leaves help strengthen the blood vessels in the blood; thus, oxygen and nutrients stimulate hair growth and prevent hair loss.
- The alkaloids in Brahmi bind to the proteins in the hair shaft producing stronger and thicker hair.
- Brahmi Oil derived from Brahmi leaves is the best ayurvedic herb for thinning hair or weak follicles that lead to hair loss.
- Brahmi Oil- is an ayurvedic herbal oil containing alkaloids that activate proteins in your body. The proteins naturally toughen and strengthen your hair follicles.
- Brahmi oil lends to ayurvedic hair care with its ability to naturally condition hair from root to tips
Using Brahmi leaves for your hair is an excellent choice for your hair growth journey.
How is Brahmi and Bhringraj different?
A lot of people think Brahmi and Bhringraj are the same, but they are not.
To simplify the difference between the two, let’s look at the plants they are extracted from and what their flowers look like.Bhringraj oil is extracted from the bhringraj plant which is part of the sunflower family. Thus, you can associate the bhringraj plant with sunflowers to remember this difference with ease.
Brahmi is extracted from the Bacopa Monnieri plant which has small white flowers.
Brahmi Oil’s benefits
- Brahmi has natural hair growth properties.
- Brahmi reduces stress hormones called cortisol in your body. High cortisol levels mean increased hair fall. Applying Brahmi oil can help you stop hair loss and regrow your hair.
How to use Brahmi Leaves to naturally regrow your hair?
Brahmi is not safe for consumption. This is why many people apply Brahmi oil made from Brahmi leaves to the affected area of their hair or skin.
In case you are not in the mood for a Brahmi oil champi, you can always add a few drops to your bath. It may not be as effective to stop hair loss and regrow hair naturally, but some nourishment is better than no nourishment.
Jatamansi for hair
What is Jatamansi?
Jatamansi is a small shrub with anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.
Jatamansi for your hair is helpful in preventing hair fall, dandruff, and any other microbial growth in your hair.
Jatamansi is especially useful for hair that has become dry and brittle. Regular oiling reduces hair fall, promotes hair growth, and makes hair shinier, smoother, and silkier.
How does jatamansi stop hair loss and regrow hair naturally?
When you massage your hair with jatamansi oil, it penetrates right through your scalp and hair follicles. Jatamansi is considered to be a natural treatment for hair regrowth as it strengthens your hair roots and strands. This ayurvedic herbal oil makes your hair more dense and voluminous. Jatamansi is a grey hair treatment in Ayurveda because its medicinal properties prevent your hair from losing its original pigment.
How to use jatamansi?
Jatamansi is available in the form of oil. Jatamansi oil is a renowned ayurvedic hair treatment that makes your hair smooth yet strong. A combination of ayurvedic herbal oils – Jatamansi oil along with Bhringraj oil is known to prevent premature graying of hair.
Fenugreek (Methi) for hair
What is methi?
Fenugreek also known as methi is used as a spice in Indian households but is also an age-old ayurvedic herb that is not just restricted to the kitchen.
Methi is considered to be one of the best ayurvedic medicines since its seeds are a rich source of folic acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, and Vitamin C.
In addition, the ayurvedic herb also has high protein and nicotine acid content, which are known to be beneficial against hair fall and dandruff, and in treating a variety of scalp issues like dryness of hair, baldness, and hair thinning.
How does methi stop hair loss and regrow hair naturally?
A natural remedy for hair growth, methi controls hair loss by nourishing your hair and scalp. It also fights dandruff.
How to use methi?
Methi can be used as ayurvedic hair oil and can be directly massaged onto your scalp and hair strands.You can also make a methi hair mask with methi powder and curd.
Amla for scalp health
What is Amla?
Amla is a fruit packed with Vitamin C which makes it one of the best ayurvedic herbs to maintain hair hygiene.
This ayurvedic herb is a potent antioxidant that looks after the overall scalp health by removing dandruff and dissolving grease and dirt from follicles. Massaging the scalp with amla oil helps boost blood circulation. This essentially provides nourishment to your follicles, which then promotes hair growth.
Why is Amla good for my scalp health?
Amla is good for your scalp health because it can stop hair loss and regrow hair naturally.
This ayurvedic hair treatment strengthens your hair and acts as an ayurvedic grey hair treatment by preventing premature pigment loss from your hair strands.
Amla is a natural remedy to hair growth as it fights dandruff and dandruff related hair loss.
How to use Amla to naturally regrow your hair?
Massage your scalp with amla oil. Amla is known as a natural remedy for hair growth because it boosts blood circulation to your scalp.
You can also drink fresh amla juice every morning to take care of your overall health.
Amla provides nourishment to your hair follicles so that your natural hair regrowth is strong and dense.
The essential oil from Karpooravalli or the Panikoorka leaves, decoction and leaf extract has powerful anti-bacterial properties and is effective against bacterial strains that are likely to ruin the health of hair. In the absence of the said bacterial growth, hair growth is assured.
Panikoorka for Hair Growth
Panikoorka can be applied on the scalp in the form of a hair mask.
- Make a fine paste of Panikoorka leaves.
- Add honey or rose water to it.
- Apply it on the scalp and leave it for at least 2-3 hours.
- Wash it with any herbal shampoo.
Alternately, the paste can also be mixed with curd and left for an hour before completely washing it off.
What is Kalmegh?
Kalmegh is widely used in Ayurveda and used in about 26 Ayurvedic herbal formulations. It serves as an immunostimulant and rids the body of fevers and toxins that is to say it has a cooling effect on the body and at the same time helps purify the blood.
Kalmegh For Hair
In Indian system of medicine kalmegh is widely used as anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, immuno-stimulatory and anti-oxidant agent. Kalmegh is good to control allergies. It has an anti-microbial activity and has a positive effect on the immune system due to its Kapha and Pitta balancing property.
Owing to these properties it is extremely effective in the growth of hair as it:
- Helps keep the scalp clean.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties help prevent any itching that usually results in secretion of oils resulting in dandruff. Dandruff and gunk build up over time weakens the hair follicles and prevents the access of nutrients.
How to use Kalmegh for hair?
Take 1-2 teaspoon of Kalmegh juice. Mix it with 1 glass water and drink it once a day preferably before a meal.
Take 1-2 Kalmegh capsules. Swallow it with water after taking meals twice a day.
Musambaram for Hair
Musambaram (Kariya Polam or Musambari) is the resin of aloe vera herb or plant. Aloe vera Resin has many applications in medicine. It is a hardened, dark substance which is used to treat externally burns, festering boils and skin eruptions due to its antibacterial and anti- inflammatory properties.
How to use Musambaram for hair growth?
Take a piece of the Aloe Vera Resin ( Musambaram approximately 2 inches in size).
Take 50 ml of water in a bowl and soak the resin in it and leave it overnight.
Soaked Musambaram yields a fluid that is brown in color and sticky in consistency.
Apply this evenly on the scalp and let it sit for about 15-30 minutes post wish you may rinse it off.