PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a complex health condition prevalent in women of reproductive age. It is an endocrine disorder that leads to an increase in androgen (a male hormone) in the body. As per medical studies, PCOS can either be genetic or a result of environmental factors. While no one-for-all treatment is available, making lifestyle changes by trying home remedies for PCOS is effective. This hormonal imbalance causes:
- Obesity or massive weight gain is caused due to PCOS
- The irregular menstrual cycle is caused due to PCOS
- Ovarian cysts (on either of the two or both sides) is caused due to PCOS
- Acne and facial hair growth is caused due to PCOS
- Problems in conceiving a child are caused due to PCOS
Most women wonder how to cure PCOS permanently at home, but you have to come to terms with the fact that there is no such remedy! It is treatable using healthy diets, exercises, yoga, health supplements and other Indian home remedies for PCOS.
All About PCOS
If you are looking for a natural cure for PCOS, there are a few things you must consider and regulate to get started. You can combat the counter effects of the hormonal changes in your body by increasing your insulin resistance and stamina.
Regular exercise and morning jogs are highly beneficial to women with PCOS.
- If you want to learn how to treat PCOS at home, you start with losing weight. Obese women are more likely to suffer from the effects of PCOS, say reports.
- It would help if you had a healthy diet and performed exercise.
- Try doing yoga asanas for PCOS.
- Try to stay positive and reduce stress.
Cure PCOS At Home Naturally
Once you understand the specifics of PCOS, it is vital to know how you will achieve them. Here is everything you need to do for home remedy treatment for PCOS.
Make A Diet Plan to cure PCOS at home
One of the best and most effective natural remedies for PCOS is following a well-balanced diet plan. You should eat foods that increase good gut bacteria and lower blood sugar while giving enough strength to the body. Follow the given do’s and don’ts for treating PCOS naturally.
List of Things You Must Eat to reverse PCOS
- Consume healthy carbs like whole grains, legumes, flax seeds, sweet potatoes, nuts, etc.
- Boost your daily fibre intake by adding broccoli, beans, spinach, berries, etc.
- Make a high-protein diet plan and follow it strictly. It would help if you tried greek yoghurt and sesame seeds too.
- Healthy fats are also helpful to the PCOS cure at home. You can start cooking your meals in coconut or olive oil.
- Consume antioxidants by eating a lot of fruits like avocados and dry fruits.
List of Things You Must Not Eat if you have PCOS
- Do not eat processed sugar in any form or fast foods. You must steer away from your sweet-tooth cravings and say no to candies, Indian sweets, brownies, cake, etc.
- Cut down your consumption of red meat.
- Do not drink alcohol or smoke.
Weight Loss - a home remedy for PCOS
Obesity is one of the significant side effects of PCOS in women. You can maintain your health and lose weight as a part of home remedy PCOS treatment. Apart from maintaining a healthy weight loss diet by including fruits, vegetables and drinks that help control PCOS, it would help if you exercised regularly to control your weight. If you achieve the ideal weight as per your body mass and height, you will see a lot of improvement in your health.
Maintain Sleep Hygiene to solve PCOS permanently
A lack of sleep can increase cortisol hormones which is not a good sign. You can control your hormonal changes to some extent by maintaining a strict bedtime routine. Get at least 6-8 hours of sleep to practice PCOS treatment home remedies. Yes, the “early to bed, early to rise” mantra can work here!
Health Supplements to cure PCOS
If you feel you cannot consume everything mentioned on your diet plan, you can substitute a few nutrients with health supplements. According to doctors, you can either choose tablets and vitamin capsules or try Ayurvedic Chrunas to combat hormonal imbalance. Consult your nutritionists to find the best supplements for you.
Natural Methods To Improve Fertility & Cure PCOS
Women with PCOS can face problems in conceiving a child, especially if they are overweight. Apart from trying the weight loss remedies, you should try a few natural methods to improve your fertility.
- Avoid refined carbs and trans fats. Ask your nutritionist to add antioxidants to your diet plan.
- Start your day with a heavy and healthy breakfast. Try dry fruits and cereals as an option.
- Increase your consumption of high-fat dairy.
- Take multivitamins at least thrice a week.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Keep a check on your ovulation cycle.
Also read: Apple Cider Vinegar for PCOS
The Bottom Line
You can control the effects of PCOS on your body by using these home remedies easily. Since no medicine or operation can cure this disease permanently, you should focus on combating the effects. Consult a nutritionist as every woman’s body is likely to react differently to increased androgen levels. Follow the instructions of your doctor and make all the necessary lifestyle changes to bring a balance. PCOS is a hormonal disorder that does not harm as long as you stick to the health cards!
- V Lakshmi, August 2019; Find the cure for PCOS in your kitchen- https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/home-remedies/find-the-cure-for-pcos-in-your-kitchen/articleshow/45176222.cms
- Anay Kale, July 2020; The Ultimate Solution To Cure PCOS Naturally - https://www.researchgate.net/publication/342987698_The_Ultimate_Solution_To_Cure_PCOS_Naturally
- Disha Shetty, Baskaran Chandrasekaran, ArulWatson Singh, Joseph Oliverraj, January 2017; Exercise in polycystic ovarian syndrome: An evidence-based review- https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320211314_Exercise_in_polycystic_ovarian_syndrome_An_evidence-based_review
Read our Latest Articles
- Hibiscus For Hair: Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More
- Noni Juice 101: Top Benefits, Uses, Recipes, Side Effects
- Triple Marker Test: Procedure, Cost, Results, Pregnancy, More
- What Are Chyawanprash Benefits, Uses, Dosage, Side Effects & More
- Daily Skin Care Routine For Oily Skin: Best Practices, Pro Tips, More
- 20 Natural Home Remedies For Constipation For Kids & Adult