What is Arogyavardhini?
Arogyavardhini is an ayurvedic herbal supplement that has been used widely throughout India for more than 1,000 years. It works as an effective remedy for helping in the weight loss process. It is a herbal mixture of 13 ingredients, including dried fruits, plant extracts, and processed metals and minerals used in making traditional ayurvedic medicine. It also contains antioxidants and other nutrients that help with your overall health.
Arogyavardhini Vati Ingredients
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
- Kutki (Picrorhiza kurroa)
- Chitrakmool (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica)
- Shuddh Shilajit- Asphaltum (Purified)
- Shuddh Guggulu (Commiphora mukul)
Arogyavardhini Vati Uses
Arogyavardhini Vati is considered a Vata-pacifying herb, which makes it a natural weight loss aid. Vata dosha represents the mind and body's ability to store information and energy, leading to a stable emotional state. It can also improve skin conditions and work as a general tonic for poor health. It has also been associated with the treatment of serious illnesses such as cancer.
Arogyavardhini Vati Benefits
Over the years, Arogyavardhini Vati has been linked to various health benefits. However, it is to be noted that research still needs to be conducted regarding Arogyavardhini Vati's benefits and side effects. Listed below are some of the possible health benefits of Arogyavardhini.
- The intake of Arogyavardhini may improve liver health because of its anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties.
- Consuming Arogyavardhini along with Arjuna bark powder may reduce total cholesterol, LDL (bad) cholesterol levels and triglycerides.
- It may help treat the symptoms of stomach conditions like diarrhoea, constipation, and indigestion due to its laxative nature and bioactive mineral contents.
Arogyavardhini Vati for Weight Loss
Arogyavardhini is a supplement that can help with weight loss. It helps increase the body’s metabolism and suppresses hunger. The consumption of arogyavardhini is also used for managing obesity. It helps you shed some unwanted pounds with all-natural ingredients.
Arogyavardhini Vati for Acne
Arogyavardhini Vati helps in managing acne due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Not only does it helps treat active acne cases, but it may also restrict any acne build-up or breakdowns.
When choosing the correct dosage, the first step is determining whether you are treating mild and severe acne. When treating severe acne, it is recommended to take two tablets three times daily (or as directed by an Ayurvedic practitioner). For milder cases of acne, one tablet three times daily (or as directed by an Ayurvedic practitioner) may be sufficient.
Arogyavardhini Vati for Fatty Liver
Arogyavardhini Vati possesses potent anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties that are helpful in managing various liver problems like fatty liver, hepatitis, and jaundice. The nature of the herbal formulation is similar to a cholagogue, a medicinal agent that stimulates the secretion of bile from the liver into the small intestine. It also actively supports washing excessive bile from the system before it gets absorbed, thus reducing the chances of spleen and liver disorders.
How to Take Arogyavardhini Vati
The herbal blend can be taken in the morning or evening with lukewarm water or consumed by infusing the water with neem juice, ginger juice, and honey. But since Arogyavardhini Vati consists of various natural ingredients that can cause side effects, it is essential to consult with an Ayurvedic practitioner before taking this supplement.
Recommended Dosage of Arogyavardhini Vati
Research on the usage and side effects of Arogyavardhini Vati is not sufficient to recommend a proper dosage. Children, breastfeeding or pregnant women, and those who have certain medical conditions should not consume Arogyavardhini.
An individual can consume 500 mg - 1 gram of Arogyavardhini every day. However, the consumption of this ayurvedic herbal blend is should be first discussed with an Ayurvedic medicine practitioner.
Arogyavardhini Vati Side Effects
Though Arogyavardhini Vati is associated with many health benefits, its consumption has also been linked to various side effects. Some of the potential Arogyavardhini side effects are:
- Consumption of Arogyavardhini in large doses can cause stomachache, abdominal discomfort, and gastritis.
- Due to the heavy metallic ash content might deteriorate pitta (one of the three doshas or vital energies present in the human body) symptoms leading to vertigo, mouth ulceration, and increased bleeding.
- It may also cause allergic reactions like skin rashes.