Do you know what Neem is? It has a complicated botanical name- Azadirachta indica. However, it is a quiet, fast-growing plant that has unmatched medicinal values! It is not only an anti-allergen but also antimalarial, antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial! What makes it so great? Its active components are:
Neem is jam-packed with antioxidants that are excellent for skin health. Just begin using Neem in the proper manner, and you will forget you ever had blemishes, pimples, acne and dark spots on your skin. What's more? Neem can be used in various forms such as a face wash, oil, gel and even soap.
Don't worry about skin concerns when the answer lies deep in nature's lap. Read on to discover how to use Neem on your skin, its benefits and follow the home remedy of making a neem face pack for glowing skin!
Benefits of Neem on skin
- Neem can treat stubborn skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis and excessive acne.
- Neem's antifungal and antibacterial properties make sure your skin is out of harm's way, giving it an even tone.
- One can use neem leaves for skin lightening as well.
- Neem is a stellar ayurvedic immunity booster, curing inflammatory skin conditions.
- Neem is a popular skin and blood purifying agent.
- Neem treats everything from tiny warts to smallpox and chickenpox. Make sure to apply it directly onto your skin for best results in such cases.
Also read: Period pimples and acne
Best way to use Neem
- A neem face pack can reduce acne caused due to harmful microbe growth.
- Neem face pack contains Vitamin E, which combats dry skin concerns. The neem leaf stem improves skin tone and eliminates blackheads with ease.
- It is extremely easy to use a neem face pack to increase blood circulation around the face area.
- Effects of the face pack are usually short-term, and for regular skin maintenance, one must use it two to three times a week.
- Topical formulations of Neem available nowadays are lotion, gel, face pack, cream, mask, or cleansers.
Benefits of Applying Face Pack
- Does away with pimples, acne, marks, and scars.
- Says goodbye to dead skin cells.
- Treats wrinkles, fine lines and sagging.
- Improves the skin texture and complexion.
- Supplies essential nutrients to the skin.
- Soothes and relaxed your skin.
- Combats the harmful effects of pollution and harsh climates.
Other Ingredients In A Neem Face Pack
Even though Neem is the active ingredient in the face pack, feel free to combine this with other natural ingredients beneficial for your skin! Some of these are:
The natural compounds of Aloe like carbs, amino acids, and lipids provide balanced nutrition to the skin. In addition, Aloe Vera has additional antibacterial and antifungal properties that give your skin an even and healthy tone. This is the perfect ingredient to keep breakouts and acne scars at bay- all while giving your skin the hydration it needs.
Green tea leaves
The phytoconstituents in green tea can slow down premature aging, eliminate inflammation, detoxify your system, giving your skin a radiant glow.
Turmeric is a blood purifier and also helps heal wounds. Its anti-inflammatory properties, terpenoids and phytoconstituents lighten your skin tone. Turmeric also improves the elasticity of your skin, keeping visible signs of aging at bay, treating hyperpigmentation, wrinkles and fine lines.
Multani Mitti is a natural oil cleanser. While some sebum or oil lubricates your skin effectively, an excess of it can clog your pores leading to acne resulting in blemishes. Multani mitti eradicates dead skin cells, calms and soothes the skin, and removes dirt and grime from it as well.
Also read: Flaxseed gel for skin and hair
These natural face packs are not used as acne treatments; but also for overall skin well being.
How to prepare a face pack?
- Make sure you dry all the ingredients. Then, ground them into a fine powder.
- Add some Aloe Vera, Multani Mitti, Neem and Turmeric and mix it well.
- To make this mixture pasty, you can add buttermilk or rose water to the same.
- Once you have the consistency you desire, apply it evenly onto your skin and leave it on for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once done, wash your face with fresh water. !
Rashmi Saxena Pal, Yogendra Pal (2017) In-House Preparation and Standardization of Herbal Face Pack (The Open Dermatology Journal) https://opendermatologyjournal.com/VOLUME/11/PAGE/72/FULLTEXT/
Rokade Priya, Khadke Anand (2017) PREPARATION AND EVALUATION OF HERBAL ANTI –ACNE FACE PACK (World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research) https://wjpr.net/admin/assets/article_issue/1496226010.pdf
Debjit Bhowmik, Chiranjib1, Jitender Yadav (2010) Herbal Remedies of Azadirachta indica and its Medicinal Application (Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research) https://www.jocpr.com/articles/herbal-remedies-of-azadirachta-indica-and-its-medicinal-application.pdf
Anuj Kumar Dubey, Sunita Dhiman (2021) Antiviral Properties of Neem (International Peer Reviewed Journal for Pharmaceutical, Medical & Biological Sciences) https://www.ejpmr.com/home/abstract_id/5355