You can mix bananas with different kitchen ingredients to create a face pack loaded with health benefits. Read on to learn more about the method and how a banana face pack might benefit the skin in the article below.
Banana Face Pack
The banana face pack is a way to pamper skin while providing it with all of the benefits of bananas. The components in bananas, such as vitamins, potassium, and zinc, help moisturise, cleanse, tone and revitalise the skin.
Bananas are used in different ways for all skin types to get rid of many skin-related issues. If you're wondering how to make a banana face pack, here are 7 banana face pack recipes for you.
1. Banana Face Pack for Oily Skin
Components: Banana, papaya, and cucumber
This banana face pack is loaded with the goodness of papaya, cucumber, and banana to nourish the oily skin. Papaya helps diminish the pigmentation, cucumber provides nourishment and reduces dryness, while banana nourishes the skin.
- Make a smooth paste of 1/4th of papaya, 1/4th of cucumber, and half of the banana.
- Apply the paste on the face and neck and wait for 15 minutes.
- Then wash it well with lukewarm water.
2. Banana Face Pack for Pimples
Components: Banana, neem, turmeric
Vitamin C in bananas helps reduce inflammation and irritation, while the antimicrobial property of neem and turmeric helps treat acne. This face pack aids in the treatment of pimples and for the reduction of acne and scars.
- Mash half of the banana in a bowl, add 1 tsp of turmeric or 1 tbsp of neem powder or paste to it.
- Mix it well to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on the face and neck and let it stay for 20 minutes.
- Wash the face with normal water and enjoy the result.
3. Banana Face Pack for Ageing Skin
Components: Banana and yoghurt
Yoghurt has antioxidant properties that combat free radicals and help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and creases. It also consists of lactic acid, which helps to even out skin tone and reduces pores. The banana and yoghurt mixture increases collagen formation and prevents premature skin ageing.
- Add 2 tbsp of yoghurt to a bowl and mash ½ of a ripe banana in it.
- Apply this mixture thin, uniform layer to the face and neck.
- Allow 15 minutes to pass before rinsing it with lukewarm water.
4. Banana Face Pack for Dry Skin
Components: Honey, coconut oil, banana
A banana face pack is ideal for dry skin as bananas are rich in potassium, vitamin A and E, which all works together to hydrate the skin. Vitamin E provides a defence mechanism against free radicals, and vitamin A moisturises and evens out the skin tone. Adding honey to the banana helps in retaining moisture for a long time.
- Mix a mashed ripe banana with honey and coconut oil.
- Apply the mixture on the skin and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it after 15 minutes with lukewarm water.
5. Banana Face Pack for Glowing Skin
Components: Banana, raw milk, honey, rose water
Bananas are rich in potassium, vitamin C, and E, which help promote glowing skin, and milk gently removes dead skin cells, while rose water helps to brighten the skin.
- Make a smooth paste of 1 banana, honey, and raw milk.
- Add a few drops of honey to the paste.
- Apply the paste on the face and neck and let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it with normal water.
6. Banana Face Pack for Whitening Skin
Components: Besan, lemon, banana
Besan and lemon work well for removing tan and for brightening the skin in the banana face pack.
- Combine half a ripe banana, one tablespoon of besan, and half a lemon juice in a bowl.
- Allow it to settle for 15 minutes after applying this mixture to the face.
- Rinse it thoroughly.
7. Banana Face Pack for Pigmentation
Components: Banana, turmeric, yoghurt
Bananas with turmeric and yoghurt can work together against pigmentation and dark spots. Banana removes oil, grime, and deep-set dirt, whereas the antibacterial properties of turmeric and yoghurt help to destroy bacteria and fight acne.
- Combine one banana, one teaspoon of turmeric, and 1/3 cup yoghurt in a bowl for pimple-free skin.
- Apply the paste on the face and wait for 15 minutes.
- After a 15-minute wash, face with normal water.
Banana Face Pack Benefits
The banana face pack is a powerful pack that helps regain the lost nutrients in the skin such as-.
- Vitamin B, A, C, and E
Additionally, banana face pack can work in various ways such as:
The potassium in bananas hydrates the skin, making it smooth and supple.
2. Oil controller
Bananas are high in Vitamin C, used for collagen production, free-radical defence, and skin oil regulation.
3. Anti-ageing effect
Bananas are rich in Vitamin B and act as a natural antioxidant, which reduces signs of ageing and keeps skin smooth.
4. Treat acne
Zinc in bananas reduces inflammation and fights against acne-causing bacteria.
5. Lighten dark spots
Bananas consist of Vitamin A, also called retinol, which helps to lighten or remove dark spots and scars.
Potential Side Effects and Precautions of Banana Face Pack
The side effects of banana face pack are rare because it is a natural ingredient, but in cases like banana allergy, an allergic reaction may arise with signs and symptoms such as:
• Itchy skin and throat
• Redness, rashes
• Swelling of the skin
• Asthmatic symptoms like sneezing, coughing, etc.
As a precautionary measure, it is advisable to avoid a banana face pack if there is an allergy to bananas to prevent a life-threatening condition known as anaphylaxis which needs immediate medical attention. Its symptoms may include face puffiness, breathing issues, and fainting.
Summing Up on Banana Face Pack
A banana face pack at home is one of the best choices among all available home face masks. A banana is an inexpensive and readily available fruit. It treats various issues like acne, pigmentation, wrinkles of the skin. Besides providing numerous skin benefits, bananas treat cracked heels, puffy eyes, and remove dead cells. The banana face pack is very easy to prepare with readily available kitchen ingredients.
Is Banana Good for Face Pack?
Yes, bananas are the simplest and most cost-effective remedy for a variety of skin issues. It is a moisturising and antioxidant-rich superfruit that leaves your skin soft, supple, and shining while combating wrinkles and treating acne.
Can We Apply a Banana Face Pack Daily?
A banana face pack may be used 2-3 times a week to have maximum effect.
Is Rubbing a Banana Peel on the Face Good?
Yes, rubbing a banana peel on the face is good. The peel of a banana is high in silica, which aids collagen formation and keeps skin healthy. It also contains phenolics, an antibacterial compound that can be used to treat acne.
- Mark C Houston, August 2011; The importance of potassium in managing hypertension - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21403995/
- Mindy A Patterson, Madhura Maiya, February 2020; Resistant Starch Content in Foods Commonly Consumed in the United States: A Narrative Review - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32040399/
Amir Amini Khoozani, John Birch, February 2019; Production, application and health effects of banana pulp and peel flour in the food industry - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6400781/