With advancing technologies and make-up tricks, a chiseled face and jawline are easily achievable. But honestly, how many of us have the time and money for it? Do you seem to find yourself in that catch 22 situation too?
Well, we have a natural solution - Yoga. With yoga, understand “how to get a chiseled jawline easily?” Learn here “how to reduce double chin by yoga?” Have you heard of face yoga for double chin?
Remember, practicing asanas can also help you achieve youthful skin goals. They help in stimulating blood circulation and enhance muscle power. Here are the exercises to get a jawline of your dreams.
Asanas for How to Reduce Face Fat and Double Chin:
Asana 1 for a Chiseled Face: Neck Stretches
Neck stretches are one of the basic exercises for face jawline and neck. It stimulates the tired muscles and gets the blood flowing.
Helps- Prevent saggy neck and double chin.
How to do neck stretches-
- Deep breath in.
- Start with moving your chin towards the left shoulder.
- Slowly bend backward and move towards the right shoulder.
- Breathe out and complete the cycle.
Frequency for neck stretches- Thrice clockwise. Thrice anti-clockwise.
Pro tip- Follow slow movements to help avoid jerks to the delicate neck region.
Also read: Yoga for Reducing Arm Fat
Asana 2 for a Chiseled Face: The Pout Pose
Pouting can be good for pictures and a chiseled jaw. Pulling in your cheeks to create a pout will stretch mouth muscles.
Helps- Stretching your cheek muscles and neck creates good blood flow.
How to do the pout pose
- Gently press your lips together and bring the corners of the mouth together.
- Widen your eyes as you feel the stretch in your face.
Frequency for the pout pose- Thrice. Hold each repetition for 10 seconds.
Pro tip- Take it up to 30 seconds for faster results.
Asana 3 for a Chiseled Face: The Tongue Lock (Jivha Bandha)
Jivha means ‘Tongue.’ This exercise involves stretching the tongue. Jivha Bandha is the opposite of Simha Mudra.
Helps- Stretching the tongue and neck simultaneously reduces fat accumulation.
How to do the tongue lock-
- Touch the tongue to your upper palette, creating a vacuum.
- Slowly open your mouth, keep the tongue intact and tilt your head upwards.
- Release your tongue and close the mouth to break out of the pose.
Frequency for the the tongue lock- Thrice. Hold for 20 seconds.
Pro tip- Sit in Vajrasana or upright on a chair to feel the stretch effectively.
Asana 4 for a Chiseled Face: The Lion Pose (Simha Mudra)
Simha Mudra means Lion’s breath.
Helps- Erases fine lines and wrinkles. Enhances blood circulation in the face, throat, and brain.
How to do the lion pose-
- Open your mouth wide.
- Eyes wide open and chin closer to the chest.
- Let the tongue out while making the sound of a lion.
- Breathe in while closing your mouth to break out of the pose.
Frequency for the lion pose-- Thrice. Hold the pose for 15-20 seconds.
Pro tip- Stretch out your fingers resting on your knees when you enact the roar. This will enhance the effect of this mudra.
Other yoga asanas for how to get a chiseled face:
Asana 5: The Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
This asana also forms part of suryanamaskar. It’s a great way to practice yoga for the double chin and the back.
Helps- Stretches the neck muscles and improves overall blood circulation in the body.
How to do the cobra pose-
- Lie down on your stomach.
- Breathe in.
- Slide your upper body forward like a rising cobra.
- Take the support of palms faced down near your chest.
- The abdomen and pelvic region should touch the ground.
Frequency for the cobra pose- Twice. Hold the position for 30 seconds.
Pro tip- Shoulders should be slightly pushed back. Looking upwards will help you feel the stretch in the neck and back.
Also read: UTI And Foods. The Right Diet For UTI
Asana 6: The Camel Pose (Ustrasana)
This asana is for a full-body stretch as well as a chiseled jawline. Slow and effective neck movements will help strengthen the neck and chin muscles.
Helps- Give the neck and chin flexibility and prevent a saggy double chin.
How to do the camel pose
- Kneel on the floor with thighs perpendicular to your calf muscle.
- Place your hands on your back.
- Breathe out and slowly bend backward to touch your heels with both hands.
Frequency of the camel pose- Twice. Hold for 30 seconds and 1 minute, respectively.
Pro tip- Don’t miss how ustrasana can help with considerable weight loss in PCOS
- Kavita Beri, June 2016; Breathing to younger skin: ‘reversing the molecular mechanism of skin aging with yoga - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5137887/
- Caffrey MK; Health benefits of restorative yoga include trimming fat, NIH-funded study finds. -
- Hensrud D; Can yoga help me lose weight? -