When you're sick and under the weather, what a relief the right medicine at the right time is! Let's discover one such drug today!
What Is Sinarest Tablet?
Sinarest is a tablet commonly used to treat a runny nose, sinus, watery eyes, headaches, fevers, flus, common coughs and colds but is not limited to this alone.
Sinarest is a combination of the following:
This is a popular decongestant that constricts or shrinks the blood vessels in your nasal passage. Why is this important? An over-dilation of blood vessels around the nose can make it become stuffy.
Histamine may produces sneezing, coughing, runny nose and watery eye effects on one's body. Chlorpheniramine, however, is an antihistamine that reduces these effects.
This is a pain reliever and also treats fevers.
Sinarest Tablet Uses
Sinarest tablet is a clinically proven antipyretic-analgesic, decongestant, and antihistamine formulation that effectively reduces the symptoms of influenza and upper respiratory infections.
Sinarest tablets are used to relieve symptoms, such as:
- Congestion of the nose and sinuses
- Allergic symptoms of the nose like a runny nose, blocked nose, congestion, excessive sneezing, and itching
- Inflammation, itching, and pain in the throat due to allergies
- Body ache
- Upper respiratory infection
- Itchy and watery eyes
- Sinusitis, otitis media, tonsillitis, and many other conditions
Sinarest Tablet for Cold
Due to its decongestant formulation, the Sinarest tablet relieves symptoms like a runny nose, headaches, excessive sneezing, congestion, and watery eyes caused by the common cold.
Decongestants relieve congestion by reducing swelling in the nose, removing obstructions, and allowing you to breathe more easily.
Sinarest Tablet During Pregnancy
During pregnancy, a woman’s metabolism and hormonal balance undergo substantial changes. Due to this, every medicine acts differently during pregnancy, so it is necessary to be extra cautious and attentive during this period.
The presence of certain drugs in this medicine, such as acetaminophen and caffeine, may cause certain diseases, interfere with homeostasis, and affect the development of babies.
However, as Sinarest tablets are not proven to cause adverse effects in pregnant women, it is still advisable to take them under medical supervision.
Sinarest for Throat Pain
Chlorpheniramine in Sinarest tablets works to relieve throat irritation, itching, pain, and inflammation caused by respiratory allergies.
Chlorpheniramine belongs to a class of medications called antihistamines, i.e., anti-allergic medicines.
Despite being effective at easing the symptoms of allergies and colds, chlorpheniramine is ineffective at speeding recovery or treating the cause of an allergy and cold. This medication will only block the histamine present in your body, which is the chemical responsible for all allergic symptoms, and thus ease throat pain.
Sinarest for Sore Throat
The Sinarest tablet, with its combination of drugs, helps in easing the symptoms of a sore throat. It relieves the dry and scratchy feeling in the throat.
Pro Tip Before Using Sinarest Tablet
- It is best to avoid taking the tablets if you are allergic to any of the Sinarest composition drugs.
- Always take this medicine as per your doctor’s instructions.
- It includes Paracetamol, so do not consume other paracetamol-containing products along with it.
- Take this medicine with extra care if you have a renal disease, liver disorder, diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism, epilepsy, or cardiovascular problem.
- It is also advisable to take the medication under a doctor’s guidance if you have asthma, pulmonary obstruction, regular cough due to smoking, productive cough, or chronic bronchitis.
- While consuming a Sinarest tablet, swallow it whole; do not crush, chew or break it.
- Make sure to take a repeat dosage of the medicine only after a gap of 4-6 hours.
- Sinarest tablets are safe to take with food or without.
- It is always better to take the Sinarest tablets at a regular fixed time.
- It is recommended not to take a Sinarest tablet before or during a drive or while using an operating machine, where there is a need for alertness, as its psychoactive properties may cause sedation.
- Avoid taking alcohol while consuming this medication because it may increase the risk of liver damage.
- This medication can pass into breast milk, which can harm a nursing infant. Therefore, please consult your doctor before using this medicine if you’re lactating.
Sinarest Side Effects
In general, the Sinarest tablet is safe as adverse effects are rare.
In hypersensitive individuals, some Sinarest tablet side effects can be seen, including:
- Increased heart rate
- Upset stomach
- Trouble while sleeping
- Mood changes
- Difficulties in urination
- Its use is also sometimes associated with fear, anxiety, restlessness, weakness, insomnia, convulsions, and hallucinations
Also, in rare cases, one may experience hives, trouble breathing, or swelling in the face, tongue, lips, or throat if there is an allergic reaction to any of the Sinarest composition drugs.
Despite the rarity of a severe allergic reaction, it is advisable to consult a physician if these symptoms occur.
Contraindications for Sinarest tablets
- Sinarest tablets are neither recommended nor effective in children younger than 6 years. Therefore, it is not advisable to give a Sinarest tablet to your kids unless your doctor recommends them.
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in the formulation.
- If you have severe hypertension.
Sinarest Tablet Dosage
- In adults, the usual recommended dose is 1-2 tablets three times a day or four times a day as per the doctor’s recommendation.
- Do not take it for more than seven consecutive days.
- If your symptoms have not subsided and worsen after using the product for 3 days, consult your doctor.
Sinarest Tablet Dosage Per Day
Your doctor will decide the dosage of the Sinarest tablet. The usual recommended dose is 1-2 tablets three times a day or four times based on your condition.
How To Use Sinarest Tablet?
Sinarest tablets are to be consumed as per the direction of a medical professional. Make sure you swallow Sinarest whole. Do not crush it, break it or chew. It is not necessary to eat a meal before consuming Sinarest but doctors advise one to take it at a fixed time in the day.
How Sinarest Tablet Works
As mentioned earlier, Sinarest is a combination of Pseudoephedrine, Chlorpheniramine and Acetaminophen. Sinarest's functions are similar to that of an anti-allergen, relieving symptoms such as colds, coughs, fevers, a runny nose and watery eyes. It works by blocking off chemical messengers in the body responsible for fever and pain. Sinarest also treats a decongested nose.
Things You Need To Know Before Taking This Medicine
- Please do not consume this medicine if you are allergic to acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine, or pseudoephedrine.
- If you are epileptic, diabetic, have kidney concerns, drink excessive alcohol, have high blood pressure, deal with urinary issues, or suffer from overactive thyroid- consult a doctor before consuming this medicine.
- An overdose of acetaminophen can cause liver damage and prove fatal in some cases as well. So please be careful.
What Happens If You Miss A Sinarest Dose?
This medicine is often prescribed on a need-basis. In other words, you can take it when you like. Hence, a missed dose will not do any harm. If you are consuming Sinarest on a daily basis, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. Moreover, you may skip your last dose if the time for your upcoming one is just around the corner. Mostly importantly, do not take an extra tablet to make up for the missed dose. This practice will not heal you any quicker.
Sinarest Tablet Price
The MRP of Sinarest is Rs. 55.73. However, you need not buy the entire packer. If you go to most Indian chemists, you may buy lose tablets at a lesser priceand according to the number you need.
Summing Up On Sinarest Tablet Uses
Sinarest is an effective, over the counter medication to treat nasal passage blockages, common coughs, colds, flus, fevers, runny noses, sinuses and watery eyes. However, please make sure you follow its consumption instructions carefully and do not take it without consulting a doctor beforehand.
Is Sinarest Tablet Safe?
Sinarest tablets are usually safe but not if you have certain diseases such as a history of alcoholism, liver issues, an enlarged prostate or epilepsy. Moreover, all interactions of Sinarest are not mentioned here. Hence, consulting a medical professional before consumption is highly advised.
Is Sinarest a Paracetamol?
Yes! Sinarest is an analgesic, antipyretic paracetamol. What does this mean? That is has fever-reducing and pain-management properties.
Is Sinarest Anti Inflammatory?
No. Sinarest has no anti-inflammatory properties. It does not have any effect on one's platelet function, does not irritate the abdominal lining, does not alter one's mood, and does not affect blood coagulation like anti-inflammatory medicines usually do.