Raisins are great to taste, readily available, healthy, and can be consumed in various ways. A little-known fact about black raisins is that they have many magical nutritional benefits for you when consumed correctly. Read on to find out what they are!
Black Raisin Water
Black raisin water is a simple way to maximize the benefits of consuming raisins. You can easily make it at home overnight, which tastes good.
What is Black Raisin Water?
Black raisin water is made from soaking black raisins overnight and straining them the following day.
The soaking allows all the vitamins and minerals of raisins to be released in the water while restricting sugar content. The process multiplies the benefits of black raisin for your body, hair growth, and skin.
How is it Different from Normal Raisin Water?
Raisin water is made from regular raisins or kishmish, while black raisin water is made from black raisins or kali kishmish or munakka.
Top Benefits Of Black Raisin Water For Women
- Detoxes The Body
- It works as a blood purifier, detoxes the body, and provides benefits against PCOS, irregular menses, and other menstrual issues like blood clots during periods.
- Prevents Anemia
- Rich in iron, copper, and vitamins that increase red blood cells. Anemia can be prevented by regular consumption.
- Maintains Heart Health
- Lowers cholesterol (LDL) through its anti-cholesterol compounds reduces the risk of strokes, high blood pressure, heart attacks, etc.
- Improves Sexual Health
- It is an aphrodisiac that induces arousal. The amino acids present in it can raise the chances of conception.
- Betters Skin Quality
- Its detoxing and anti-aging properties make skin clearer, glowy, and firm. The Vitamin C present in it can help prevent acne too.
Black Raisin Water Benefits for Conceiving
As our lifestyles continue to deteriorate, problems in conceiving keep rising. Several factors contribute to hormonal imbalance, like infertile eggs and reduced egg formation. One solution that can help is black raisin water.
How To Make Black Raisin Water for conceiving?
- Take 150 gms of good quality black raisins, preferably organic
- Add these to 2 cups of water
- Cover and soak overnight
- Strain this the following day
- Crush the raisins to release their juices in the water too
- Mix and drink
You can also eat the soaked raisins as there are benefits of black raisins soaked in water for conceiving.
What are the Benefits of Black Raisins Soaked in Water During Pregnancy?
The main benefits of black raisins soaked in water during pregnancy is that it effectively relieves constipation. This relieves women from exerting pressure while passing stool that could be damaging to the baby.
How to Consume Black Raisins Soaked in Water During Pregnancy?
Soak about ten raisins in water for 10-15 minutes. Boil these raisins in a glass of milk after that. Consume this drink before bedtime for 2-3 days to see its effects.
How Many Raisins Can Mothers Eat During Pregnancy?
The recommended daily intake of raisins is 1.5 cups for pregnant women. However, it is best to consult your gynecologist beforehand.
Black Raisin Water for Infertility
Black raisin water is packed with amino acids. Out of which, L-arginine is present in the most significant quantity. L-arginine has been proven by research to improve blood flow to the uterus and ovaries. It can also work as an aphrodisiac and improve your partner's performance when consumed two to three hours before sex.
Benefits of black raisin water like increased blood flow to the uterus and ovaries and a higher rate of intercourse can increase the chances of conceiving in cases of infertility. Many times, women face the pressure of conceiving a male child. In such cases, read about how to conceive a baby boy- myths and facts that no one tells you.
Black Raisin Water for PCOS
- Black raisin water is a better alternative to raisins by themselves as it contains far fewer sugars.
- Blood purifying benefits of black raisin water help manage PCOS issues.
- Its craving-curbing quality can help prevent other symptoms of PCOS like weight gain.
- Regular consumption can also reduce acne.
To reap the benefits of black raisin water for PCOS, you can make and consume it in the same manner as mentioned above. You can also consume these best drinks for PCOS in the comfort of your home.
How To Consume Black Raisin Water for PCOS?
It is ideal for drinking black raisin water in the morning on an empty stomach. Avoid eating anything, at least for the next 30 minutes. Consume it daily and regularly to see the results.
Black Raisin Water Benefits for Skin and Acne
- Protects against free radicals and their damaging effects, delaying the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging.
- They are packed with antioxidants that repair cellular damage and make the skin healthier.
- Detoxes blood and increases RBC production in the body, leaving you with clear, glowing skin.
- High magnesium and potassium content clear the skin from boils, pimples, etc.
- Vitamin A and E replenish the skin from the inside out.
- Maintains digestion and detoxifies the body eliminating the causes of acne.
- Vitamin C keeps the digestive system in check, ensuring skin gets nutrition.
Make black raisin water as per the instructions mentioned above and consume it regularly to see reduced acne and the positive difference in the quality of your skin.
Also read: Is RO water good for health?
There is no doubt that black raisins are a superfood that helps with a host of medical issues such as constipation, acne, pimples, signs of aging, PCOS, infertility, conception problems, and more! Take a step towards health by incorporating this food into your diet today!
- Journal of Food Science, August 2006; Amino Acids in Raisins - https://www.researchgate.net/publication/230356123_Amino_Acids_in_Raisins
- Lynn M Westphal, Mary Lake Polan, Aileen Sontag Trant, Stephen B Mooney, April 2004; A nutritional supplement for improving fertility in women: a pilot study - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15134155/